Personal Amplification Device
ITS can provide small, portable voice amplifiers (PAs) for use in classrooms. These PAs are lightweight, easy to use, and rechargeable. Please fill out the Portable Voice Amplifier Request Form to have one delivered. Contact your AIA to explore other solutions.
Quick and Easy Solution
- ITS will provide a small PA to anyone who would like help with amplifying their voice in the classroom. This is a self contained device that is not connected to the classroom system or your laptop.
- We have selected a device with a wired microphone headset which will allow you to wear the speaker while you move around the room and use the whiteboard.
- You will be responsible for keeping your device charged. Charge via USB with either an electrical USB power adapter used for charging your phone or a powered charging dock. PC users can charge by connecting directly to their laptops. A fully charged device can last from 5 to 8 hours. It should take 3~5 hours to fully charge once depleted.
- These PAs do not connect to the classroom speakers.
Other Recommended Solutions
- Projecting through the classroom A/V system
- Mac users can broadcast over the classroom system using GarageBand.
- Seated users can plug in their mic/headsets into their computers. This requires a small learning curve.
- We have identified a couple of different models of wireless mics with USB receivers to purchase with FTR to move around the room. These run from $70 – $170.
- Bluetooth microphones do not work because latency will create an echo.
- We do not currently have a recommendation for Windows users wanting to connect to the classroom A/V system.