Options for Scheduling Meetings
There are a variety of ways to schedule a Zoom meeting. Most meeting options are available regardless of the way you choose, so the best option largely depends on whichever method is easiest for you. If you already use Google Calendar, and aren’t scheduling for large classes, the Chrome extension might be most convenient. On the other hand, if you already use Moodle, and are primarily using Zoom for synchronous class meeting, using the Moodle integration might be better.
Scheduling Zoom Meetings with Google Calendar
- Scheduling direct from Google Calendar requires you to add an additional tool to your web browser. Follow the links to add the Zoom Scheduler extension or plug-in to one or both of your browsers:
Zoom Scheduler for Chrome
Zoom Scheduler for Firefox
- Either Chrome or Firefox will open a new window to confirm your installation. Click Add to add it to your browser.
- Click Zoom Scheduler (blue square with video camera icon) located in the top right.
- Click Sign In with SSO, and follow the prompts to sign in.
- Click Zoom Scheduler located in the top right, then click Schedule a Meeting, which will open a new event in Google Calendar.
- Enter in the details of your meeting, and then click Save to schedule the meeting and add it to your calendar.
- You can also schedule directly from Google Calendar with the extension/add-on installed. If you go to your Google Calendar, schedule an event in the usual way, and then click Make it a Zoom Meeting (blue button) to add meeting invite info to the event description.
- By default, any meeting scheduled through the browser extensions applies the last used settings. You can, however, choose to set your meeting options each time. To do so, click on the Zoom Scheduler, and then click Settings (gear icon).
- Zoom Schedule Options appears. Click the box next to Allow me to specify meeting options each time. You will be prompted to specify settings when using the Make it a Zoom Meeting button.