Options for Scheduling Meetings
There are a variety of ways to schedule a Zoom meeting. Most meeting options are available regardless of the way you choose, so the best option largely depends on whichever method is easiest for you. If you already use Google Calendar, and aren’t scheduling for large classes, the Chrome extension might be most convenient. On the other hand, if you already use Moodle, and are primarily using Zoom for synchronous class meeting, using the Moodle integration might be better.
Scheduling with the Web Portal
- Go to https://macalester.zoom.us/meeting
- Click Sign in.
- Unless you’re already logged in, Macalester’s Single Sign-on window will appear — this is the same thing you use to log into 1600grand, Moodle, etc. Enter your Macalester username and password. Click SIGN IN.
- Once signed in, click Schedule a New Meeting.
- Zoom will open a new page, from which you can enter in the details of your meeting, such as name, time, and date, and also enable more advanced settings such as registration.
- When you have entered in all of the meeting details, scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save to schedule the meeting.
- After clicking Save, Zoom will take you to a new page, from which you can review the details of your meeting or link it to your calendar.
- If you want to start the meeting, click Start this Meeting on the right hand side of the page. If you want to edit the details of the meeting, scroll to the bottom of the page and click Edit this Meeting on the right hand side of the page. If you want to delete the meeting, scroll to the bottom of the page and click Delete this Meeting on the left hand side of the page.