If you’ve added lots of readings and assignments to Perusall and want to reuse them for new classes, you’re in luck: there’s a straight-forward process to copy materials from one course to another. It even preserves your assignment links on Moodle.
The trickiest part is remembering the right order of operations. These instructions walk you through the process step-by-step.
- In Moodle, navigate to your new class–the destination, the one you want to add the Perusall content to.
- Add a Perusall Activity to that new Moodle site.
- Launch that Perusall Activity, which will create the corresponding course in Perusall’s system, and connect it to Moodle.
- Now, in the new Perusall course, navigate to the Library tab on the course home page and select Add > Material from another course:
- In the dialogue box that comes up, you’ll need to set a number of options. Most important: from the first drop-down menu, select the previous course (1 in the screenshot below) from which you’ll copy your course materials. You can also opt to deselect particular readings or assignments (2 below), adjust the deadlines for assignments in bulk (3), or copy course settings from the old course (4), which may be useful if you’ve made changes to how Perusall grades assignments.
- Once you’ve set these options, just click Save Changes (5), and the material will copy.
- Once everything is copied over, have a look around both Perusall and the new Moodle course and make sure everything appears as you expect, and that your assignment links are working. If you made use of Perusall assignments, you’ll very likely need to adjust deadlines in Perusall, even if you used the auto-adjustment option in the step above.
That’s it! Don’t hesitate to contact your AIA if you have questions or trouble.