The brief video above covers how to get Microsoft Office applications (like Powerpoint or Excel) installed on an iPad using your Macalester credentials. These Office apps are especially useful if you’re using your tech kit to annotate slideshows or other documents, either for making recordings, or during synchronous class meetings.
If you prefer, you can also follow along using these written instructions for installing Office:
- Download the app from the Apple App Store
- Open the App (and read all the first time opening warnings).
- Click the gear labeled Settings (middle-left of image below):
- Click Sign In:
- On the Microsoft login window that appears type your full Macalester email address:
- You may be asked if this is a Work/School account or a personal account. Select work/school account:
- Then enter your usual Macalester password (the one you use for email, 1600grand, etc.):
- That’s it! You should now have access to the full features of the app.